Have a great idea for a product or service? Dream of starting your own business? We can help you learn everything you need to know about creating and maintaining a successful business in Maine. Offered in partnership with MaineStream Finance, our counseling and business technical assistance services are available to Native Americans throughout the state.
sMALL bUSINESS cOUNSELING
Four Directions can help your business thrive. You’ll meet with a business counselor to define your business’s unique needs and goals, and start creating a business plan or course of action, customized to your business’s industry, market, audience, strengths, or challenges, that will help launch or grow your Native-owned business. Counseling is available in individual and group formats, both online and in-person.
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
As part of a nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs), Four Directions provides training and technical assistance to Tribal Enterprises and Native American-owned businesses throughout Maine so they can find, win, and perform on government contracts. Our partnerships and in-depth knowledge of government contracting gives businesses the tools to sell their goods and services to local, state, and federal governments.
We can help your business to:
- Develop a Capability Statement
- Understand Federal Regulations and Military Specifications
- Prepare for proposals (RFPs, RFQs, etc.)
- Manage Contracts Post Award
- Obtain NAIC, FSC, SIC, etc.
- Bid Match Profile Creation
- Register in System for Award Management (SAM)
- Obtain certification as a DBE, HUBZone, Women-owned and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business
Ready to start growing your business?