Have a great idea for a product or service? Dream of starting your own business? We can help you learn everything you need to know about creating and maintaining a successful business in Maine.
sMALL bUSINESS cOUNSELING
Four Directions can help your business thrive. You’ll meet with a business counselor to define your business’s unique needs and goals, and start creating a business plan or course of action, customized to your business’s industry, market, audience, strengths, or challenges, that will help launch or grow your Native-owned business. Counseling is available in individual and group formats, both online and in-person.
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
As part of a nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs), Four Directions provides training and technical assistance to Tribal Enterprises and Native American-owned businesses throughout Maine so they can find, win, and perform on government contracts. Our partnerships and in-depth knowledge of government contracting gives businesses the tools to sell their goods and services to local, state, and federal governments.
We can help your business to:
- Develop a Capability Statement
- Understand Federal Regulations and Military Specifications
- Prepare for proposals (RFPs, RFQs, etc.)
- Manage Contracts Post Award
- Obtain NAIC, FSC, SIC, etc.
- Bid Match Profile Creation
- Register in System for Award Management (SAM)
- Obtain certification as a DBE, HUBZone, Women-owned and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business
Ready to start growing your business?